Monday, August 5, 2013

The Space Court-Al Williamson/Angelo Torres/Roy Krenkel-1965


Some beautiful art here from the EC legends but the story is actually fairly dull and beyond the splash doesn't lend itself to their strengths. Williamson doesn't seem quite as revered today as he was in the mid-sixties. Someone posted a pic of various comics artists on Facebook yesterday and Williamson went unidentified by the poster and the comments until I chimed in. Still, his stuff always looks amazing to me.





2 comments:

Stephen Robb said...

Surprisingly (to me at least) when asked who his favorite inker was, Curt Swan said Al Williamson.

Arben said...

I wonder if Swan meant with regard to his work in general or in terms of inking Swan's own pencils. They only did a handful of jobs together as far as I know, for DC around the time of Crisis. I certainly would've liked to see more based on how those look.